- Enroll in a college or career school at least half-time.
- Enroll in a graduate program, certificate or degree.
- Enroll in a rehabilitation training program for the disabled.
- Become unemployed. (Defer your loans for up to 3 years of unemployment.)
- Undergo a period of economic hardship. (Defer your loans for up to 3 years of economic hardship.)
- Join the Peace Corps.
- Join any branch of the military, or the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Air Force Reserve or Coast Guard Reserve of the U.S. armed forces. Your deferment ends 13 months after active duty.
7 Ways to Put Your Student Loan in Deferment
Labels: student loans